Monthly Chapter Meetings
Chapter Meetings are held the second Thursday of every month at The Social Bar & Grill at 1715 Dock St, Tacoma, WA 98402 from 6:30-8pm. Come out for an informative and friendly discussion about the place we live and love, and how each of us can help to improve it. Meetings are free and open to the public and feature different speakers from around Puget Sound. We also have other fun updates, including details on our upcoming beach cleanups. All ages welcome!
*Parking at The Social: There is street parking along Dock Street, 22 spots inside the Thea’s Landing Parking Garage, plus additional parking lots along Dock Street. Please note that The Social does not validate parking.
- August 13, virtual chapter meeting with guest speaker Emily Pinckney of the WA Environmental Justice Task Force RSVP HERE
- September 10, virtual chapter meeting
- October 8, in person or virtual meeting TBD
*Sign up for our newsletter below or follow us on Facebook to get meeting links and information.
Looking for Beach Cleanups?
Open Volunteer Positions
Treasurer: We are looking for our next Treasurer to join the Executive Committee! This is a great opportunity to learn more about how Surfrider runs and be involved on a new level. Email us for more information!
- Attend 3 Surfrider events (chapter meetings, beach cleanups, etc.)
- Become a Surfrider member
Your commitment as an EC member:
- 2 year term
- Attend monthly chapter meetings
- Attend monthly beach cleanups
- Attend monthly executive committee meetings
- Approximately 5-20 hours per month
Water Sample Collector: Water sample collectors will visit local beaches, follow the established protocol for Surfrider’s International water quality monitoring program. Volunteers will collect water at established monitoring sites, or from your local beach for lab analysis at The Science and Math Institute located in Tacoma. Volunteers will check out a sampling kit and drop samples at pre-arranged times at the High School. Commitment flexible. Contact Ben if interested and learn more here!